For close to 10 years, McLagan has produced comprehensive reports which provide key compensation data on professionals across major functional areas within both the financial advisory and strategic management consulting firms. Our process enables us to collect data by level, function, and specialization. Due to organizational design differences between financial advisory and strategic management consulting firms, McLagan collects and reports data using both a functional and an industry focus.
Currently, our coverage is U.S. focused and managed from our office in Stamford, CT; however, we plan to expand coverage in the coming years to the U.K., Europe, India and Latin America.
The industries covered by the survey include:
- Consumer Products/Marketing/Retail
- Financial Services
- Government (General Consulting)
- Health Care
- Real Estate
The functional areas covered include:
- Account / Client Relations
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Financial Advisory
- Human Resource Consulting
- Information Technology
- Operational Improvement
- Strategy Consulting
Financial Advisory is further segmented into the following sub-units:
- CFO Advisory Services
- Corporate Finance/Advisory Services
- Corporate Governance
- Economic Consulting
- Forensic Accounting and Litigation Support
- Global Offerings Services
- High Net Worth Client Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Advisory Services
- Regulatory Policy / Compliance
- Restructuring and Turnaround Consulting
- Risk Management Advisory Services
- Structured Finance
- Tax Dispute Resolution (IRS-related services)
- Transfer Pricing Services
- Transaction Services (Due Diligence)
- Valuation Services
Additional CapabilitiesOur survey program covers market practices related to salary increases, bonus pool accruals, turnover/hiring rates, performance measures, annual and long-term incentive plan design as well as prevalence by business, product, geography and employee level.
The report presents staffing level analyses by business, function, title and region. In addition, benchmark comparisons are available for designated hot areas.
McLagan’s Pay and Productivity Analysis details the relationships between organizational, business unit and individual performance versus pay. Incumbent data is collected and aggregated by performance review rating.
Incumbent office locations are also collected, enabling reporting on specific cities and regions.