McLagan’s partnership with the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) enables us to access the association’s industry network to gather key data and provide compensation benchmarking, performance analysis and compensation plan design for the mortgage industry. The compensation survey program has multiple components constructed to address the needs of both large and small firms.
With over 55 firms participating in the study including banks, insurance companies, and specialty real estate firms, McLagan has built an extensive database that can be analyzed by firm type, geography, demographic and more. Some examples of our work follow.
- Performed a competitive assessment of firm-wide pay levels for a global real estate finance company.
- Benchmarked pay levels for the head of real estate activities and the Chief Operating Officer for a mid-sized REIT.
- Benchmarked the head of multi-family lending at one of the Government Sponsored Enterprises.
Incentive Plan Design
- Developed a new incentive compensation program for the commercial real estate division of a regional bank to support a bank merger.
- Revised the incentive program of a wholly-owned commercial mortgage origination platform of a large regional bank.
- Provided alternative incentive plan structures for a mid-sized commercial mortgage operation of a large insurance company.
Pay Advisory Services
- Provided year-end advisory services to management and the compensation committee of a mid-sized REIT.
- Provided guidance to multiple national and regional banks regarding regulatory impacts to incentive plan design.